Aug. 17-21, 2016
Congratulations on your admission to Truman State University! Truman Transformation (renamed from Truman Week) is an exciting introduction to Truman for new students.
Truman Transformation is designed to help create a smooth transition from high school to college and from your family home to your new Truman home. It starts on Move-In Day for first-year and transfer students on Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2016, and runs through Sunday, Aug. 21. Classes start on Monday, Aug. 22.
During Truman Transformation, you will:
- check in and move into your residence hall
- meet faculty, staff, and other students
- attend events ranging from Opening Convocation, to Majors Welcome, to a talk by Matthew Algeo, the author of the book for our first-year common reading, Harry Truman’s Excellent Adventure
- experience several Excellent Adventures of your own, including active learning explorations of the awesomeness of a liberal arts and sciences education
- join in on fun social and cultural activities, including a picnic on the Quad, Truman Trek inter-house competitions, and Dawg Fest
For more information about Truman Transformation, contact the Center for Academic Excellence Office at (660) 785-4409.